Buried utilities close to the surface pose a safety risk to site works. The new Hazard Zone function provides an additional warning of the close proximity of buried services, alerting users to the immediate danger.
Maintains the highest peak reading obtained on the signal strength indicator. The peak hold time can be adjusted between 0 – 5 seconds allowing the operator to quickly and accurately pinpoint the service position.
Signal Service Indicator
SSI enables the user to trace an individual service amongst a multiple of services. The numeric display shows the highest reading over this service, which has the EZiTEX signal transmitter connected to. This ensures the user can follow the service without straying to another.
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing technology (DSP).
- Automatic controls – making the EZiCAT easy-to-use, requiring minimal user experience.
- Power Mode start-up ensuring the most potentially dangerous current carrying services are detected first.
- Hazard Zone feature indicating shallow buried service in power, 8 and 33 kHz modes, (within approximately 30cm) alerting increased risk.
- Built-in test function for testing hardware and software.
- Added benefit of utility depth estimation to 3m for additional survey information.
- LCD screen with built-in light sensor, automatically enabling the backlight in dark conditions.
- Robust, lightweight design, specifically engineered for tough site conditions.
- Service Due Indicator supporting planned maintenance schedules or quality systems by displaying a wrench icon after 12 months.
The EZiCAT i650 features utility depth indication, when used in conjunction with the EZiTEX in 8 or 33 kHz modes. Operators can determine the depth of the buried utility, providing an advantage when conducting ground surveys.
The EZiCAT i650 records and stores information whilst in use. Information is recorded every second after completion of the initial start-up routine. These records are stored in the locators memory and can be retrieved and transferred via Bluetooth® to a PC or other electronic device for analysis. Storage time is approximately 80 hours use.
Allows you to upload the stored records to view the locators use, simply upload all records or search by date.
The EZiCAT i650 locator has the added benefit of Bluetooth® wireless connectivity. It allows the EZiCAT to integrate seamlessly with mobile mapping technology to log survey data, in addition to enabling wireless Bluetooth® data transfer.
|Frequency / Mode||Power mode 50 Hz or 60 Hz, Radio mode 15 kHz to 60 kHz
Transmitter mode 8 kHz and 33 kHz, Auto mode = Power + Radio mode
|Depth||Power to 3m, Radio to 2m, Transmitter mode to 3m|
|Depth Estimation||10% of depth in line or sonde (0.3 to 3m depth range)|
|Protection||Conforms to IP54|
|Batteries||6 x AA alkaline (IEC LR6 supplied)|
|Battery Life||40 hours intermittent use (at 20°C)|
|Weight||2.7kg including batteries|
|Compatibility||CSV file compatibility program|
|Memory Size||32Mb memory|