Buried utilities close to the surface pose a safety risk to site works. The new Hazard Zone function provides an additional warning of the close proximity of buried services, alerting users to the immediate danger.
Maintains the highest peak reading obtained on the signal strength indicator. The peak hold time can be adjusted between 0 – 5 seconds allowing the operator to quickly
and accurately pinpoint the service position.
Signal Service Indicator
SSI enables the user to trace an individual service amongst a multiple of services. The numeric display shows the highest reading over this service, which has the EZiTEX signal transmitter connected to. This ensures the user can follow the service without straying to another.
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing technology (DSP).
- Automatic controls – making the EZiCAT easy-to-use, requiring minimal user experience.
- Power Mode start-up ensuring the most potentially dangerous current carrying services are detected first.
- Hazard Zone feature indicating shallow buried service in power, 8 and 33 kHz modes, (within approximately 30cm) alerting increased risk.
- Built-in test function for testing hardware and software.
- LCD screen with built-in light sensor, automatically enabling the backlight in dark conditions.
- Robust, lightweight design, specifically engineered for tough site conditions.
- Service Due Indicator supporting planned maintenance schedules or quality systems by displaying a wrench icon after 12 months.
|Frequency / Mode||Power mode 50 Hz or 60 Hz, Radio mode 15 kHz to 60 kHz
Transmitter mode 8 kHz and 33 kHz, Auto mode = Power + Radio mode
|Depth||Power to 3m, Radio to 2m, Transmitter mode to 3m|
|Protection||Conforms to IP54|
|Batteries||6 x AA alkaline (IEC LR6 supplied)|
|Battery Life||40 hours intermittent use (at 20°C)|